This website contains affiliate links to third party advertisers. Clicking on such links will earn the website owner some commission if you purchase products from such.
2019 was an amazing year for me. Back in late February 2019, I decided to develop a reading culture. It was hard for me at first, but I decided to do it anyway. I was watching an interview on CNBC where Bill Gates was talking about the power of reading books. This was my first motivation that propelled me into reading books even those that are not related to my career.
Another motivation was from Ben Carson, the author of Gifted Hands New York Best Seller. Ben Carson insists on how important it is to read books and pile your store of knowledge. In his book, Think Big, Ben Carson explains how he rose to be a top student in his class when everyone knew that he was always the tail.
The more books I read, the more appetite I develop to read more books. As for 2019, here are the books that I managed to read. All these books are interesting and worth reading.
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- Wake up and Live – Dorothea Brande
- Richest Man in Babylon – George S. Clason
- Law of Attraction – David Hooper
- The Art of War – Sun Tzu
- The power of Positive Thinking – Dr Vincent Noman Peal
- The art of the deal – US President Trump
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Timothy Ferriss
- Goals! How to get everything you want – Brian Tracy
- The Magic of Believing – Claude Bristol
- How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes – Peter D. Schiff and Andrew J. Schiff
- The 5 Second Rule – Mel Robbins
- Think Big – Ben Carson
- Zero to One Notes on Startups – Peter Thiel
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
Most of the books on my list are self-development books and they have made a significant amount of change in me. It would be great if you take the time to read some of them if you haven’t already. Also, let me know in the comment section below the books that you have read and would recommend for 2020.